Saturday 27 October 2012

Somethin about Julie Lessman

Hello all! So I thought I would blog again...because I like to. But this time, it's not inspirational. Well it kinda is. It's more on the depressing side however. So I warn you now. If you wish not to be saddened then stop reading now. I recently just finished a book by the illustrious Julie Lessman. This book was called "A Love Surrendered." So there's really only word for this book and that is "WOW!" I mean outstanding! Absolutely fantastic! Everything about it was typical Julie Lessman. The twists and the turns and the unexpected thrills. But let's be honest. I ended up sobbing at the end! NO! It's not a SAD ending necessarily. Here's the thing. This book was the very end of the O'Connor family series. You have to understand the turmoil I was experiencing. Make yourself feel as I felt. You've grown attached to this family. You've enjoyed seeing them grow up and make life altering decisions. And this, this is the end. The very end. It was difficult to muddle through. I dreaded turning every page for fear that it would all vanish too quickly. As one of my all time favorite literature characters, Anne Shirley, once said, "I'm afraid to speak or move for fear that all this wonderful beauty will just vanish..." It was so hard to know that it would soon be coming to an end. But through all the tears and the heartache, I look back on the entire saga and realize that is was all for good. The stories crafted my look of love, my passion for God, and my heart for others. I'm sorry to have ranted for some random reason but it was just a little something from the sweet spot of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, ABS, this must be "payback," because you absolutely made me cry!! What an incredibly WONDERFUL blog for me to read, truly!!

    Thank you SO very much for your support and your beautiful personality that lights up my days whenever you say something wonderful about the family that I also have grown to love -- the O'Connors!!

    You are SUCH a sweetheart, and one of my favorite reader friends, truly.

    Hugs and more hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing review. You have me hooked and you answered the question I was going to ask Julie, should they be read in a certain order. I have not ready any yet but I wii be. Thanks

    ReplyDelete