Friday 16 November 2012

Pulling a Boaz

Pulling a Boaz...what an odd title is it not? Well my lovely, delightful and VERY FEW readers, I must say I find this topic HIGHLY enjoyable and very much pertaining to my life recently. Now as many of us know there are MANY pictures of Christ throughout the Old Testament. Some of them are quite easy to see and there are others that are not so easy to see. However, one of my absolute favorite characters of the Old Testament is Boaz. Yes I know what you're all thinking. You only like him because of his and Ruth's story. Now hold on just a moment my dears, for you see, yes that is one aspect of why I like him, but there's more to it than just that. When Ruth first meets Boaz, she's in the fields working and he takes notice of her. Now I can tell you this. If I were to be noticed by a nice looking man while I was WORKING I think I'd be pretty flattered. But think about it. Boaz is a picture of Christ Himself. Can you imagine this parallel for a moment. Christ took notice of ME! JESUS Christ! HE did! Now Ruth was a foreigner in the land. I was but a foreigner to Christ and He saw me. When Boaz first meets Ruth he says to her, "Do not glean in another field, nor go from here, but stay close by me young women. Let your eyes be on the field which they reap, and go after them. Have I not commanded the young men not to touch you? And when you are thirsty, go to the vessels and drink from what the young men have drawn." I love this. He says, "Don't leave this place. You are safe here." So many times Christ brings us into his field. He says, "Let your eyes be on this field only." But how many times do we reject this protection? I want MY response to be Ruth's for in the next verse she says, "Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?" Now there's this class I'm taking and it's a worship band class. We just finished reading our textbook called Facedown by Matt Reddman. As you can imagine it was about facedown worship. In this verse Ruth falls at his feet and bowed her face to the ground and says, "Why have I found favor?" Many times I ask the Lord, "How is it that I have found favor??" He even goes as far as to commune with her. He invites her to eat and drink with him. The Master of the Field is inviting us every day to commune with Him. What is our answer? Then at the very end of the story, he goes and redeems Ruth. He is called the Kinsman Redeemer. And as you can imagine so is our Lord. He is our Kinsman Redeemer. He came to pay for us; to buy us for His own. He bought us with His blood. Our Kinsman Redeemer. MY Kinsman Redeemer. That's who He is. That is what He has done. And even as Ruth said it herself, "Why have I found favor in your eyes, that you should take notice of me?" May we never take for granted the attention and adoration of our Lord and Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment