Saturday 4 August 2012

Mr. Bobb Absten

Today at 6:20, one of the most amazing men in anyone's life passed away. He was one of the most courageous and most sincere men I've ever met in my entire life. His love and grace and patience was unending. Today the world lost Bobb Absten. He was my friend, my mentor, my hero and sometimes he was my support. He was there when I was upset and always there for a hug. I remember one time I was in the office and I was upset about SOMETHING and he came out and he asked, "What's wrong hun?" Knowing me I probably said, "Nothing." But he always knew better than that. So he would give me a hug or he would pray with me or he would give some word of knowledge that my soul needed. Sometimes he would pull me out of class to see how I was or to check on worship team. I was almost convinced he did it because he knew I needed out of class. Out of all the memories I have of him, my favorite was when I first met him. Apparently (and I didn't know this until just recently) Mr. Gentile had told him--once they had met me--that the school had a new worship leader. The thing that most kills me about this is that he had faith in me since the very beginning. He believed in ALL of us. He knew that who we were, was something greater than who we had made ourselves out to be. Bobb Absten was one of things that made Life Christian easy for me. He made it comfortable. He made it welcoming. He was so full of love. I can't believe that someone like him is gone. But while we lose a beloved jewel heaven gains one. And I KNOW that when he got to the gates of heaven, Christ welcomed him with open arms and said, "Well done my good and faithful servant." May we all aspire to be just like him. I love you Mr. Absten. Thank you for being in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment