Monday 17 September 2012

College Life....:)


Jovana, Kale and I
Well gee I haven't been on this thing in a long time. So the purpose of this blog is to tell all you who don't use facebook or instagram what is happening in my life. So Calvary Chapel Bible College has treated me well so far. God is good and He is to be praised for the M1 I was placed into. The M1 is our on campus jobs. It's full name is CM199. It's all technical and such but I say God has blessed me because my REALLY good friends come out of this job. That's how I met them. I don't have pictures of ALL of them but I'll try to get some of all of them. Most nights are spent up late doing whatever we CAN do before curfew. haha we all have a hard time being quiet after "quiet time." And yes security has caught us being a little too noisy. My dorm mates are AWESOME! :) I love each and every one of them. And my bunk mate is also named Abby and we get along really well...so well in fact, she let's me borrow her clothing a lot of the time. Yeah so far it's been crazy. I mean I haven't felt lonely since I got here. It's nice to be able to feel like part of a family that you've never met before. And for it to be so instantaneous it HAS to be God. He is so good. So so so so so so good. OH! And in case you were wondering about college food...it's actually pretty GOOD it's just not good FOR you...;) I'm kinda determined to NOT become part of the freshman 15 theory. But that's me for ya...always trying to do what others don't. Worship here is different. But different in a good way. I got so used to trying to make worship loud and fun and hopped up when really it's so much more intimate if it's soft and small and beautiful. On mornings we have chapel and I can tell you this. It's not a Life Christian chapel. It is a Calvary Chapel chapel. I don't know if that's better or if it's worse. All I know is it's what I need. Speaking of "what I need" I encourage anyone reading this to truly take the time and get to KNOW your Savior. I mean I understand the aspect of "knowing Him" but really KNOWING HIM and His person and what He wants for you is so much more than just "knowing Him." Trust me. I've never had a great track record when it came to reading the Word every morning. In fact I'm still working on it. But I can tell you this. When I do get in the Word I feel like I can take on anything. I feel like God has come to meet me and just sit with me. Maybe that's why I don't feel so lonely. You know? I mean think of it. God has come to commune with you in that time and place of sweet silence and intimacy. I mean how much better does it get? That's what our Bible Study Methods teacher has been saying, you know, that those moments with God canNOT go by the wayside. Those are what is going to prepare you for the rest. So that was my soapbox moment. And now I have to say that living in California makes my happy. It is so relaxing. Honest to gosh, I mean I know people always told me that I would come back or I would get tired of living here but to be completely honest, this doesn't get much better. I'm surrounded by people who love me, I'm falling in love more and more with a Savior who gave his life for me, and I am truly living out the desires of my heart. God is good. God is so so so so so so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment